The Greek Festival

A few weeks ago we went to The Greek Festival with Jody and Bethany. I look forward to it every year! Six years ago, I went to my first greek festival with Tim. We had not started dating yet, but it was after we went to prom and we were very obviously interested in each other. He called me after work and asked if I wanted to go with him, his sister, and some work friends. I had never eaten Greek food and at that time, I was not adventurous with new food choices. However, I would have done anything to be around Tim, so I agreed to go. This was also the first time I met Bethany, and little did I know she would end up being one of my best friends and sisters!

We still laugh about a memory at the first Greek festival I went to... Bethany had bought some Greek food (the name escapes me, but it was some type of leaf wrapped over rice, I believe.) I knew Tim liked spontaneous and adventurous women, so I decided to take a bite when he offered me one, even though it looked horrible. It ended up tasting as bad as I had anticipated and I wanted to spit it out, but I never wanted Tim to know I hated it, so I kept a straight face. He still laughs at how much I would do to try and impress him, and every year we go back he asks if I would like one. No thanks.

One of my favorite parts of the festival is watching the dancing! I love the music and the dancing looks so fun. Sometimes I wish I knew how so I could join in. 

No comments: