cooking with Bethany, part 1.

I have always been envious of my sister-in-law, Bethany, and her amazing ability to cook anything. She puts a dash of this and a pinch of that and there's another great meal. She has a gift. We made a date to get together and buy some produce and groceries and she would teach me how to cook a good meal for Tim. We were so excited to surprise him when he got home.
We made stuffed bell peppers, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, a delicious arugala salad with walnuts and pears and sangria. The sangria was so good! It reminded me of that time we paid way too much for a sangria in Venice when it was super hot and it was terrible. Good times.

I realized a few things during this process.

  • cooking is not the hardest thing in the world.
  • cooking with another person is lots of fun.
  • brussels sprouts are my favorite thing ever.
  • it's fun to surprise Tim with dinner. 

No comments: